.more about husband and me.

.great love in september: lisa + abe.



.julie parker photography.


.lisa + abe.

.according to lisa.

You want to know how it all began. 
Well, Abe and I were both involved in the 
LDS Fraternity and Sorority scene up at the University of Utah.  
But we actually didn't meet at the University of Utah. 
We met in My of 2006 at Lake Powell after some of his guy friends
 from his frat invited me and some of my girl friends down.
 Swimsuits, sunburns and all... 
that's where the love began. 
I say sunburned because Abe was a lobster on that trip. 
He used some expired sunblock the first couple days
 that ultimately didn't work and he ended up
 having to wear long sleeves, hat and gloves the rest of the trip
 to shield himself from the sun.
 But that's where it all began.

  Then once the crew returned home from Lake Powell
 my friend and I invited him and his friends
 over for Sunday movie night at my parents house
 and from then on we were dating
 and an "official" couple by the end of the summer.  
While dating we finished up getting our bachelor's degrees
 from the U of U, went on a few road trips together 
and one of my favorite memories was going 
80's dancing on Thursday nights.

So two years after meeting at Lone Rock beach
 Abe and I got engaged and then married 
 on August 2008 in Salt Lake.

The proposal was different than some. 
I knew it was coming we already had the temple date,
 he already had asked my Dad's permission
 and I had my dress. 

I know so backwards. 

All we were waiting for was the ring 
so we could make it official. 
So, Saturday, June 28, 2008 I was out and
 about looking for flower girl dresses 
and I found one that I loved loved loved loved
but they only had one.
That same dress was at another store
twenty minutes away.

 I purchased the dress and was about to drive twenty minutes
 to get the other dress when I got a call from Abe.  
He told me something about how he didn't have the ring yet
 and that he felt awful about it 
so he wanted to take me out to dinner somewhere nice.

  I told him that that sounded great but that I had to go
 to another mall real quick to get the other dress
 because it was the last one in that size and on sale today...
 today only! 

We debated on the phone for awhile until finally
 he said let me call Macey's and pay for it over the phone 
and then you can pick it up next week. 
That's when I knew something was up because
 he was too persistent and wanting to go right then. 
After that I quickly got ready and put some "nicer" clothes on
 and he came to get me.  
When he showed up with a dozen roses in hand
 I knew something was up for sure. 
We then drove to Tuscany's 
(which is a super nice and expensive Italian restaurant.. a bit out of the norm for us).
 The proposal happened at the restaurant. 
Abe actually wanted to propose to me at sunset on a bridge
  near his parents home but since he didn't pick me
 up until after 8:30 
(yeah, I totally put a wrench in things)
 the restaurant was the place 
and it was pretty slow that night
 so we didn't have any onlookers. 

The Favorite list:
I love Abe's sincerity. 
The way he connects with others. 
He is such a people person.
I love his smile and hair.
I love how even still three years later
 he still asks me how my day was
 and he really wants to know everything.
That he has the traveling bug just as bad I have. 

That he loves to boat and thinks Lake Powell
 is the greatest place on earth.
Th
at he cries in movies (Marley and Me just three weeks ago).
That he calls me the best cook he knows
 and that he isn't afraid to try new foods.
That he gives everything he has to service. 
He spends countless I mean countless hours at the church 
That he makes some sort of calculation on his phone daily.
 He's a finance man.
That he cares about the way he looks.
That he compliments me daily.
That he leaves me post-it note love letters
 on the fridge or door for me to read in the morning.


Why our loves works?
Abe is my rock.  
I can talk to him about anything and I do! 
Our marriage has NOT gone without trials 
and he is the strong rational one while I'm the emotional downer.
  I sure did marry me best friend 
and feel so lucky to have just celebrated our third wedding anniversary.  
Here's to eternity AJ!


-----

.aren't lisa and abe 
to die for?.

.the sweetest couple.

No comments: