.more about husband and me.

.great love in june: kate + jason.



.it may look like a lot
but you have to read it all.
.it's an incredible, quick love story.


.pc. .paige tueller.

.kate + jason.
.(according to kate).

kate: new york city, dark chocolate, raspberries, 
diet coke, can be too particular about things, 
loves going to plays and movies, 
likes Oprah, those silly fashion and fitness magazines, 
and well done ads/displays, 
nanny, wants to make commercials

jason: las vegas west mission, 
the east coast (he is from the DC area), 
basketball, soccer, banana bread, 
smoothies, harry potter, 
is super easy going (read: NICEST guy ever) 
and not very particular usually, 
MTC teacher and EFY counselor, 
wants to be a doctor

together: both love traveling and 
can't wait to spend 
our first three months of marriage together in Italy. 
we would love to raise our family on the East coast someday. 
we like eating out, but we secretly can't wait for 
those dirt poor years of med school and residency! 



"Jason and I met at the beginning 
of our Sophomore year at BYU. 
We lived in the same apartment complex, 
so we were in the same ward. 
I was 19 and he was 21. 
Does any of this sound "Mormon" typical to you yet? 
Just wait... 

we both have blonde hair and blue eyes, 
and we both come from families with 6 kids. 
The part that really embarrasses me sometimes 
is the stereotype that we fit according 
to the amount of time 
we dated before getting engaged... 

it was two months and two days 
after our first date 
that he put a ring on my finger 
and I kissed him in front of my family, 
saying that yes, 
I would love to spend the 
rest of eternity with his lovely soul.

On Sunday, January 23, I was sitting in church 
and had the most overwhelming impression 
that I needed to break up with 
my three-month-strong boyfriend. 
It was surprising and disheartening to me, 
because I really liked this boy 
and everything had been going well.
 I had been very happy while we had been dating. 

After further prayer 
and reflection on the matter, 
I ended up explaining all this 
and breaking up with him that next day, 
on Monday night. 

A few days later, Jason called...
 On Saturday, Jan 29, Jason and I went on our first date. 

While I was still getting over the heartache 
of losing one of my best friends at that time, 
I had this crazy interest in this other boy. 
Out of the boys that had taken me out that week,
 this date was bounds 
and leaps more bearable, 
and even fun to me, 
because I actually cared about Jason.
So all of a sudden, 
these new feelings were coming 
in to my heart for Jason as those other ones
 were being healed and renewed within me. 
That probably doesn't make much sense, 
but it was a very complex, 
incredible feeling at the time. 
Hard to explain, really.

Within three weeks of going on dates 
and spending time with each other, 
we were feeling desperate over the fact
 that if things kept going along as planned, 
we wouldn't see each other
 from June to December, 
as he was going back 
East to work in the summer, 
and then I was taking off to Italy
 in the fall for a semester abroad. 
Conversations led to discussing options
 to change up those plans... 
whether it was one of us 
not leaving to do those things, 
or somehow being able to do 
one or both of those things together... 
so at that point we were talking about marriage, 
and I was ecstatic. 

I couldn't believe that Jason Dickey
 was actually considering me, Kate Clark, 
as a possible marriage candidate... 
It didn't add up in my mind, 
but I was hoping and praying
 that the dream wouldn't end, 
and lucky for me, it didn't.

Things worked out so that 
Jason could join me in Italy, 
as my husband, 
so the timing was decided. 

We would get married at the end of the summer!

With Jason, right from the 
very very beginning, 
there was always something different. 
A funny sort of feeling that can't be described.

There was a poem that his grandpa
 read to us pretty early on in our dating, 
and it says something about, 
"reading the meaning of life in each other's eyes." 
and that is honestly what it 
was like with Jason and I. 
Somehow, things just clicked with us 
and we knew that we could live
 very happy lives if we chose each other.

And so we did! 
And we still do everyday. 
And August 20th cant come fast enough!!"



.so what makes
kate + jason's
love great?.

"I think our love is great 
because of our shared goals
 and values and also because
 of our good communication."



.side note.
.kate was one of
my roommates 
.the girl's amazing.

.she views the world
more optimistic
and
with such eyes
like i've never
seen before.

.she wanted great love
and 
she found it in jason.

.i can't wait
to see their
beautiful wedding
in august.


.ps.

.we have been so
excited to read some 
great love stories.

.they are so inspiring.


.if you would like
to share yours,
email us at





PhotobucketPhotobucket 

No comments: