.more about husband and me.

A rough week...

It's been a rough week.

I took an unexpected flight down
to SC to help my folks move.

While there I went to visit my grandmother.

-- In case I forgot to share the story...
(pretty sure I did)
she fell and broke her hip back
in March when my neice 
swallowed a safety pin. --

Anyhoo...like I was saying.

I went to see my grandmother
and she has changed so much 
since I saw her at Christmas.

She is not herself at all
and she can hardly even speak.

I love her to pieces 
and this just broke my heart.

However, even though
my heart was broken for her suffering
this experience has strengthened
me beyond belief.

While I sat in that room
with my grandmother she seemed
to be dazing in and out
of existence on this earth.

I felt as though she was
extremely close to the veil.

And as I sat and watched her
I have never felt so sure
of these gospel truths before.

I KNOW that I will
be with her again
after she passes from this earth.

And I am at peace with her moving on 
because families are forever.

I also know how hard it has
been for her since my grandfather
passed away when I was in 6th grade.

They exemplified everything it meant to be
husband and wife.

I am so grateful I have had
the experiene to have them
apart of my life.

I love you Grandma.
More than I could ever express.
I pray that you won't have to
suffer for too much longer
in this older body you have developed.

Dec 2007

the end.

1 comment:

mare said...

jenn. you are sooo lovely in that wedding pic